Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our day...

Let's just say, it didn't start off the greatest. We left bright and early for Z's soccer game. Luckily my mother in law offered to keep the little kids since it was wet and chilly out. I drove through McD's to get a hot chocolate and Zach asked for a sprite. Now normally we do not drink sprite for breakfast, nor do we EVER eat or drink in the van. It's just one of those things that Daddy doesn't like and since he...well...makes the car payment, we respect those wishes. This morning I agreed to let Z have a sprite. For breakfast. And in the van. You know, just between the two of us. Nobody else needed to know, right? As I handed it to him, I said those famous last words. DO NOT SPILL IT! I had no worries as he is a pretty neat kid and very rarely spills something. Well wouldn't you know it, about 30 seconds later we had a back seat full of sprite. Luckily we had stopped by Grandma's work and she had some paper towels handy. We cleaned it up the best we could and off to the soccer game we go. The only bad part is that I had to confess to letting Z have a sprite not only for breakfast but in the van too. We didn't get punished too harshly. ;)

Fast forward a couple of hours when the kids and I are at Target getting snacks for A's game. We have some time to spare before we have to be at the fields and the kids wanted Icee's so we stop at Target's small cafe and get some snacks and Icee's. I hand Zach his and Logan's Icee and tell him to go sit with them while I get A's filled up. Now remember, this is the child who rarely spills anything, right? Anyway...I have no idea what happened but as I look over, the lid to Logan's Icee is smashed into the cup and there is red Icee e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e! I quickly grab the couple of napkins we had at the table and a very kind lady sitting next to us got up and grabbed another stack for us. We get everything cleaned up, I hand Logan his now half full Icee and he drops it right between the chair and the table and guess what happened then? Yep, you guessed it! Red Icee all.over.the.floor! At this point, I have had about enough of this Icee business! Thank heavens for the nice lady sitting beside us with her husband and 2 children because she got up again, grabbed us some more napkins, filled the boys Icee back up (what a sweetheart!) and laughed right along with me. I mean come on...what else could we do? I am sure she was just thinking... "Thank goodness it's not my kids!" And I'm sure I was thinking...."Why couldn't these be her kids?" Haha!

Oh well... we made it through the rest of our "snack" with only one more accident. That would be Aub falling out of her chair head first and knocking her elbow on the side of the cart. But, we walked away with only a little bruise and NO TEARS! So it couldn have been worse!

It's finally 8:15pm--I have been looking forward to this time ALL.DAY.LONG!

So, in about a half hour, the drink spillin and fallin off your seat kids are going to bed and I am going to the bathtub!

G'night, ya'll!

No comments: