Monday, September 8, 2008

Today has been a day....

It started off with a few tears from Zach not wanting to go to school. He got upset twice before the bus came this AM and when I asked him what was wrong...he just said "I don't want to be gone all day!" I guess I can accept that since there are some days that I do not want to be away from home either. Things were fine and off he went to get on the bus.

My cell phone rings about 9:45 and it is the school! So of course panic mode set in and I answer and it happens to be the school nurse. She says Zach was upset in class and told his teacher that his belly hurt. So she sent him off to the nurse. This is not uncommon for Zach to get a belly ache when he is upset, nervous, etc. So I explain what happened this morning and she assures me that Zach can stay in her office for as long as he would like and if anything changes she will let me know.

I call about 45 minutes later and she said she took Zach back to class, he grabbed his papers and started to get back to work immediately. That was good to hear!

So I called his teacher this afternoon after school let out and before Z got home and she said that Zach was fine this afternoon so all is well. He is now @ the neighbors house playing outside....

I am sure it is just getting adjusted to 2nd grade with a new teacher, new classmates, etc. Still breaks my heart! Let's hope tomorrow is a much better day!

Aubrie and I are off to dance class in a bit then back home for dinner.

I will be glad when it is bedtime. I am ready to start a new day!

2 comments:

leah said...

awww. that's pitiful and sweet all at the same time...

i remember missing my mommy when at school...

you supermom, you!

Jeff, Bev and Brianna said...

Thanks Fawn! This is so cool! I am having so much fun- probably too much fun! By the way how do you add photos into your daily post like you do with yours? I have so much to learn.... Have a great night!