I just asked my husband..."Do you think they will throw me in jail if I don't send the kids back to school?" Of course, I was not serious. But how nice would that be to just say NO! I am not sending them! And that would be that!
I am having a really emotional evening. Tomorrow is my one and only little girls 5th birthday and I have to send her off to Kindergarten all by herself. I might be being selfish, but I DON'T WANT TO! I do not want to send her. I do not want to send Zach back to school either. Why do we HAVE to do this? They are MY BABIES and I WANT THEM ALL TO MYSELF!
I sat in the bath tub crying for a good half hour tonight after tucking the "big" kids into bed. I just don't want to let go of them!
Now granted, from past experience, I know that we will all adjust and this will become "routine" once again, but it still sucks! Gosh, what am I going to do when they want to get married and move out? Oh.my.goodness! I am not sure I will survive that!
On a good note, Aubrie is so excited for her birthday and for her first day of K that she can not even fall asleep. Zach...well you know how 7 year old boys are! They say they do not want to go back to school but you know deep down that they do. Just wouldn't be cool to say such a thing!
Say a prayer, think a thought, cross a finger, whatever you believe in doing for me to stay strong for these little, I mean BIG kids of mine! I will miss them dearly but I do know that they will be having fun and learning lots of good things!
I'll update with pics of their first day tomorrow!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
bless your heart, fawn!!! you must be pregnant or something. LOL!!!
i don't know how, but i survived the first day, first week, etc. like a champ. i think the utterance of "i think i can" about 1 million times helped me out. ;)
take care, babe. tomorrow will be a fantastic day!
Well.... Good luck, I wish I had something more comforting to say, but I remember when Zach had his first day of school, and it was all ok. Besides could you imagine having a bunch of teenagers at your house everyday all day.... Maybe school isn't so bad
Post a Comment