Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update on Miss A's toe....

Well...I had Aubrie back to the pedi on Thursday because her toe did not look like it is healing correctly. It looked swollen, red and a bit infected. Needless to say, it is a bit infected and the Dr. was not happy with the way it is healing. She thought it should be much better by now but since it is not, she sent us for another x ray. Now mind you, she had 3 x rays at the hospital the day that she got her stitches. The ER said she did not have a fracture but the x ray she had on Thursday did indeed find a fracture. So...Butler Hospital does it again...ugh! I am so fed up with them!

So we were referred to an orthopedic surgeon. She goes to see him tomorrow afternoon. Please pray that we get good news and that the bones are healing the way they should be.

I feel so bad because all of this time she did indeed have a fracture on top of 2 stitches and she has been such a trooper. If I had known about the fracture, she would not have been wearing regular shoes...even yet. She did wear a sandal for about 2 and a half weeks but then I let her go back to a regular shoe thinking that she was healing. She would not have went back to dance class. She would not have been participating in phys. ed. at school last week. But, nothing I can do about this now. All we can do is hope and pray that it is healing properly and that we did not do more damage by allowing her to do these things without knowing....

I'll keep you posted after her appt. tomorrow. Please say a little prayer for my baby girls big toe!

No comments: