We have had a very eventful morning.
Logan woke up this morning around 6:30am with a fever of 103.2 under his arm. Which is really 104.2 since you always add a degree when taken under the arm. His chest sounded more congested and I knew something was wrong. He had been on amoxicillin for 2 days and there were no improvements. You know how Mommy's just know when something more serious is wrong. Well I sure did. In fact, I didn't even wait for the dr.'s office to open. I paged Dr. Raj and she called me right back and recommended going to the ER for a chest xray to rule out pneumonia. So off we went at 7am to the hospital.....then to the pharmacy...then to another pharmacy....then to Dr. Raj's office and now we are back home and the little guy is napping!
So...Logan has pneumonia and an ear infection. The amoxicillin was not working b/c 1. His body is resisting it since he has been on it so many time for past ear infections and 2. The pneumonia was too severe for that mild of a medication.
He got 2 antibiotic shots at the office and we start augmentin tomorrow night for 5 days. Hopefully by tomorrow at this time, Mr. Logan is feeling a whole lot better!
Keep praying for him! (and me too!)
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I've been thinking of Logan an awful lot this week. I sure hope this new round of antibiotics kids that pneumonia in the butt.
**HUGS AND PRAYERS**
Post a Comment