Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sometimes....

...you should just keep your thoughts to yourself, ya know?

Yesterday we were out and I saw a friends baby for the first time. She is about 2 and half months old now. I noticed her red hair and made a comment. Now mind you, she KNOWS that I have 2 red heads myself and am partial to them. I love red hair!

Me: "Oh, it looks like you have a little red head!!"

Her: "IT IS GOING TO FALL OUT! (with a disgusted look on her face!) That is her hair that she was born with and she is losing it. Her new hair is coming in blond!"

Me: "Oh! What's wrong with red hair?"

Her: "Come on now...weren't you disappointed when your kids were born with red hair?"

Me: "WHAT?? I love their red hair! I am proud they have red hair b/c in 100 years, there may be no more red heads! I hope my next baby has red hair too!"

I was so appalled by this conversation! That would be like me telling someone whose child has glasses....Oh my gosh...if my kids ever had to have glasses, I would just hate it! Which her son does, by the way, and I think they are super cute! But you get my drift!

I can't stop thinking about this. My feelings are hurt. I love Aubrie and Logan's red hair and would not change it for the world!

So here's to my 2 beautiful red heads! (and yours too if you have one!)



3 comments:

Emily Lauren said...

Poor Fawn. I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt. Sometimes people just speak before they think. Clearly, she should have never said that to you.
Your kids are just precious w/ their red hair. I hope your next baby has it too! :) BTW-how's that coming along? Em

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

wow!!! how rude!!! Aubrie and Logan have the most beautiful red hair....it is a pretty red!!! and being a hairdresser for 15 years...i have seen some not so nice reds...ya know?
i'm sorry she hurt you....i'm sure everyone will "blame it on the hormones...." blah blah blah....whatever!
hey....embrace that red....it is beautiful...i mean blondes are a dime a dozen, right! that is what i would have said back to her! lol!

4*KowBoys said...

I had an aunt like that, too. Her kids had red hair and she hated it. I LOVE red hair, and of course, all my cousins have red hair.. I am the only one with out it! LMBO