Friday, July 25, 2008

Red Juice & Beige Carpet!

I just spent the last hour getting red juice out of beige carpet! Oh man!

You'll never guess who spilled it?? Was it Logan? NO! Yes, you are right... it was Aubrie. First of all, the kids know we are not allowed food or drinks in the living room. Never have been, never will be! That is what the dining room & kitchen are for!

This is a strict rule that my father enforced while my brother and I were growing up. I never understood it then, but I sure do now. He is a little (or should I say A LOT) more lenient with the grandchildren however! If they want to eat in front of the television, then that's where they are served...lol. I will probably be that way with my grandchildren someday too. But for now, my kids eat & drink in the dining room or kitchen areas.

Anyway...Aubrie stepped into the living room with a glass of red juice in her hand to see the commercial on TV and yep you guessed it, all.over.my.carpet! I was not very happy to say the least.

For good news, I got it all out. I soaked as much up as I could with paper towels, then used the rug scrubber and it came right up. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Emily Lauren said...

Awww man! I would not have been happy either. I'm glad you got it up though. I just noticed yesterday that I've ruined some of my wood from a plant sitting on it. I guess there was moisture under the glass pot and it ruined my hardwood foyer (in a small part!).
Totally understand your frustrations.

4*KowBoys said...

I am right there with ya! Why have tables and chairs in the dining room and kitchen and never use them, right!! My kids also have to eat there, too... and no t.v. during supper time!! lol ;oP